CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced Cinematic Designer to join our team. We are currently expanding Krakow Studio by establishing Cinematics department. Person on this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as strong sense of composition and pacing.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Create interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Create compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing and timing.
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Set up actor staging and cameras.
- Complete tasks on time in high quality.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and / or comparable years professional experience in games / film.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt company’s proprietary software as well as to learn a new software.
- Technical problem solving.
- Game development experience (doing long form project(s) from inception to completion).
NICE TO HAVE
- Genuine interest in the genre.
- AAA games development experience as an animator (doing long form project(s) from inception to completion) will be a big plus.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 up to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house in our studio in Kraków. Include also the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.