We are looking for a talented Combat Designer who will join our Warsaw team in creating and balancing all combat encounters within Cyberpunk 2077. This person will take ownership of delivering memorable combat encounters, that thrill and excite our players.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
- Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
- Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
- Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
- Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project.
- Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years in similar role (level scriper, level designer, combat designer etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors).
- Knowledge and experience working with text based scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) or Visual Scripting (Flowgraph, Kismet, Blueprints etc.) to script level flow/logic.
- Both analytic and creative thinking skills.
- Both analytic and creative thinking abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of video games and the games industry.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work and be efficient within a team.
- At least one AAA Shooter title shipped with a significant contribution to the combat encounter design and implementation.
- Good command of English language.
NICE TO HAVE
- C++ coding experience.
- Experience creating AI using AI behaviour trees.
- The ability to prototype custom gameplay features using scripting languages like C# and LUA.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. Include also the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.