CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Design Director to join our studio in Krakow. The person in this role will direct the Gameplay and Narrative Design teams in the development of Cyberpunk in Krakow. You should be a proven and talented AAA game design lead ready to design and deliver an epic game with a highly talented and ambitious team.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Directing the game design including Gameplay, Level Design, Quest or Mission Design & Story Design.
- Roadmap planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews, milestone reviews.
- Cooperating with Warsaw Design Directors and the Game Director to insure design consistency across studios.
- Working internally with the Art Director to align Design and Art.
- Presenting and defending the design milestones to the major stakeholders.
- Participating in the hiring and development of designers, day-to-day coaching of the team.
- Setting short and long term individual goals or KPIs.
- Conducting quarterly and annual performance reviews against chosen goals and KPIs.
- Reporting to the Head of the Studio.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years of experience as a Game Designer.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leading role.
- At least one AAA title released as a Design Lead or Design Director.
- Excellent understanding of game design fundamentals.
- Extensive knowledge of current game design trends, specifically in Action RPG and/or Shooter genres.
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Drive for results and advanced decision-making skills
- Passion for and exceptional knowledge of the Cyberpunk genre
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house in our studio in Kraków.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.