CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and passionate English Adaptation Specialist to join our Warsaw team and work on Cyberpunk 2077! The person in this position will be responsible for adapting Polish content into English in-game content. If attention to detail and ability to focus are your strengths and you enjoy working with the written word – join us !
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Adapting from source Polish into fully idiomatic, appropriately stylized, publishable English all types of in-game text: dialogues, in-game on-screen assets, out-of-game on-screen assets and related.
- Editing and polishing all types of texts as above with a view towards elevating the quality of our final product.
- Adding content to established stylization, terminology, pronunciation.
- Reviewing English game content once complete, prior to release, for consistency, correctness, completeness.
- Debuging English game content following own reviews or based on reported bugs.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of Polish to English translation/ English writing and/or copy-editing/editorial experience (not necessarily in the games industry).
- A university degree (completed or imminently pending) or a highly significant amount of coursework in Slavic Languages and Literatures or area Studies with emphasis on Polish.
- Thorough understanding of the Polish language and culture, the language in its many spoken and written varieties, slangs, jargons, argots, professional and specialized vocabulary, the culture in manifestations ranging from contemporary mass culture/media to past literature, film, history in general.
- Far-reaching familiarity with, and ease in using, English, ability to render text representing in-game speech and writing in a range of EN varieties and styles.
- General inquisitiveness and broad interest in the cultural phenomena and production, particularly in relevant genres (cyberpunk, science fiction, general futurism and futurology),
- Ability to focus and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy (advanced Excel skills is considered a plus).
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.