CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and passionate English Adaptation Specialist to join our Warsaw team and work on Cyberpunk 2077! The person in this position will be responsible for adapting Polish content into English in-game content. If attention to detail and ability to focus are your strengths and you enjoy working with the written word – join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Adapting from source Polish into fully idiomatic, appropriately stylized, publishable English all types of in-game text: dialogues, in-game on-screen assets, out-of-game on-screen assets and related.
- Editing and polishing all types of texts as above with a view towards elevating the quality of our final product.
- Adding content to established stylization, terminology, pronunciation.
- Reviewing English game content once complete, prior to release, for consistency, correctness, completeness.
- Debuging English game content following own reviews or based on reported bugs.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of Polish to English translation/ English writing and/or copy-editing/editorial experience (not necessarily in the games industry).
- A university degree (completed or imminently pending) or a highly significant amount of coursework in Slavic Languages and Literatures or area Studies with emphasis on Polish.
- Thorough understanding of the Polish language and culture, the language in its many spoken and written varieties, slangs, jargons, argots, professional and specialized vocabulary, the culture in manifestations ranging from contemporary mass culture/media to past literature, film, history in general.
- Far-reaching familiarity with, and ease in using, English, ability to render text representing in-game speech and writing in a range of EN varieties and styles.
- General inquisitiveness and broad interest in the cultural phenomena and production, particularly in relevant genres (cyberpunk, science fiction, general futurism and futurology),
- Ability to focus and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy (advanced Excel skills is considered a plus).
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice.