CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a Lead Gameplay Designer who will be leading the Gameplay Designers team in day-to-day operation of designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing game systems and features using proprietary game engine. The person on this position will work closely with the Design Producer to help ensure proper balance between quality, deadlines and technical requirements. If you are able to communicate with people as efficiently as you do with your computer, join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Guiding the team in translating the overall game vision into implemented functionality.
- Working with leads and producers from other disciplines to ensure the smooth production of gameplay features, define milestone/ sprint goals and drive gameplay quality.
- Co-operating with the gameplay team in Warsaw; share knowledge, best practices and maintaining a transparent communication pipeline.
- Establishing quality benchmarks and driving the team in reaching them.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of detailed, comprehensive documentation.
- Contributing to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
- Playing active part in the recruitment of new candidates.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years’ experience in game development with at least 2+ years in a Lead Gameplay Designer position on a AAA production.
- Experience with shooters with RPG elements.
- Experience managing and leading a team of designers.
- Proven success in creating varied, memorable levels.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Excellent understanding of game design fundamentals and knowledge of current game design trends, specifically in Action/RPG area.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in Action/RPG area, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent English user in spoken/written communication.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house in our studio in Kraków.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.