CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a Lead Level Designer who will be leading the Level Designers team in day-to-day operation of designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels including level geometry, enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using proprietary game engine. The person on this position will work closely with the Design Producer to help ensure proper balance between quality, deadlines and technical requirements. If you are able to communicate with people as efficiently as you do with your computer, join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Guiding the team in crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Leading the cooperation with other teams to make sure levels created contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative.
- Establishing quality benchmarks and driving the team in reaching them.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of detailed, comprehensive documentation.
- Contributing to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
- Playing active part in the recruitment of new candidates.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years’ experience in game development with at least 2+ years in a Lead Level Designer position on a AAA production.
- Experience with shooters with RPG elements.
- Experience managing and leading a team of designers.
- Proven success in creating varied, memorable levels.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in Action/RPG area, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies..
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, for the first three months in our studio based in Warsaw and ultimately in our studio in Kraków.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.