The network programmer will be responsible for designing and implementing multiplayer systems for GWENT – The Witcher Card Game. His main duties will be maintaining and extending the multiplatform core network component of our framework, optimizing performance and stability of the game servers and creation of tools needed to support a growing online infrastructure and release pipeline. This includes improving network monitoring, logging and analytics subsystems. He will also be assisting with the design and integration of new network/multiplayer features working in cooperation with our partners at GOG as well as assisting with the design and implementation of platform-specific network features. The primary duties will involve C# coding.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Maintaining and extending the multiplatform core network component of the framework.
- Assisting with the design and integration of new network services working in cooperation with our partners at GOG.
- Assisting with the design of interfaces between server and the game client.
- Optimizing performance of the game servers.
- Creation of tools needed to support a growing online infrastructure and release pipeline.
- Improving network monitoring, logging and analytics subsystems.
- Debugging of gameplay systems in an online setting.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of platform-specific network features.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong in C# as well as OO programming.
- Basic knowledge of multiplayer game architecture.
- Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with SQL, databases and query optimization (preferably MySQL and NoSQL).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT and network issues.
- Experience in game development with Unity.
- Familiarity with existing Unity networking solutions.
- Shipped titles for various platforms.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary based on your individual experience.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- Exciting opportunity to create a video game set in one of the most acclaimed RPG universes.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice.