We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to enhance our extraordinary team, which is working on the GOG Galaxy platform. Join us in building the best online services and desktop features for our sister game-development studio CD PROJEKT RED and other partners. This position will allow you to shape the future of GOG.com.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Shape and develop ambitious features for GOG Galaxy, combining networking, gameplay and community, experienced by millions of gamers.
- Develop and own major features in the GOG Galaxy SDK.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM methodology and mentor team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in C++ with proven years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.).
- Basic Python knowledge.
- Experience with Linux platform.
- Knowledge of network and server security issues.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with creating cross-platform software.
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, code optimization, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP.
- Experience in programming on game consoles (XBOX ONE and / or PlayStation 4)
- Experience with Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of programming for mobile platforms (iOS or / and Android).
- Experience with programming for Mac OS environment.
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- Great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Information on processing of your personal data:
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice.
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’