CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Technical Character Artist to join our outstanding team. As a Technical Character Artist you will be working closely with the character and hard surfaces team as a dedicated technical support.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Working directly with the character and hard surfaces team as a dedicated technical artist.
- Focus on developing a superlative modelling and texturing pipeline.
- Rigging/skinning of character assets.
- Secondary motion set up (cloth simulation, rigid body simulation).
- Define and document and help maintain technical standards.
- Conducting ongoing technical asset reviews.
- Providing corrective feedback to artists.
- Conducting workshops.
- Creating character and hard surfaces (e.g. weapons, vehicles) assets as needed.
- Working closely with the animation department.
- Must also cooperate effectively with designers and programmers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years experience in game dev.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Familiar with a scripting language (python preferred).
- Proficient in leading modeling packages (Maya preferred) and Photoshop.
- Proven modeling and texturing skills.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Basic skills and understanding of animation.
NICE TO HAVE
- Houdini and Substance experience.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).