CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Technical Character Artist to join our outstanding team. As a Technical Character Artist you will be working closely with the character and hard surfaces team as a dedicated technical support.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Working directly with the character and hard surfaces team as a dedicated technical artist.
- Focus on developing a superlative modelling and texturing pipeline.
- Rigging/skinning of character assets.
- Secondary motion set up (cloth simulation, rigid body simulation).
- Define and document and help maintain technical standards.
- Conducting ongoing technical asset reviews.
- Providing corrective feedback to artists.
- Conducting workshops.
- Creating character and hard surfaces (e.g. weapons, vehicles) assets as needed.
- Working closely with the animation department.
- Must also cooperate effectively with designers and programmers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years experience in game dev.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Familiar with a scripting language (python preferred).
- Proficient in leading modeling packages (Maya preferred) and Photoshop.
- Proven modeling and texturing skills.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Basic skills and understanding of animation.
NICE TO HAVE
- Houdini and Substance experience.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, for the first three months in our studio based in Warsaw and ultimately in our studio in Kraków.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.