The industry leader in creating role-playing games.
§ 1. Definitions
- For the purposes of these Regulations, the following capitalised words and expressions, used in this document, have the following meaning:
- Service Provider – a joint-stock company funded and operating under the Polish law regulations, under the business name of the CD PROJEKT SA with its official seat in Warsaw ( zip code: 03-301, ul. Jagiellońska 74) entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number KRS: 0000006865 : NIP (Tax Identification Number): 734-28-67-148 REGON: 492707333 with fully paid-in share capital of PLN 94,950,000.
- User – Any person who has completed eighteen years, using services provided electronically by the Service Provider and having to the extent the necessary legal capacity.
- Service – Internet service of informative and contact nature for the individuals who have completed eighteen years, related to the games produced by the Service Provider, made available at the following addresses: http://www.thewitcher.com, http://cyberpunk.net and http://redkit.cdprojektred.com, managed by the Service Provider.
- Forum – represents one of the forums located at http://forums.cdprojektred.com, which are a part of the Service; each of them is related to the game produced by the Service Provider and the purpose of which is to exchange information and views on matters related to the subject of the Service and related to the game to which the Forum is assigned, by publishing posts therein.
- Newsletter – electronic form of a newsletter sent out by the Service Provider via e-mail, containing information about the Service Provider or its products.
- Regulations – these regulations.
§ 2. General Information
- Acting in accordance with Article 8 sec. 1 item 1 of the Act on Electronic Provision of Services of 18 July 2002 (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 144, item. 1204, as amended). The Service Provider shall establish the Regulations determining the rules that govern the electronic provision of Services.
- The Regulations are made available free of charge prior to the conclusion of an agreement for electronic provision of Services, as well as on the User’s request in a way that allows the acquisition, recreation and recording of the content of the Regulations via the ICT system as defined in Article 8 sec.2 item 3 of the Act on Electronic Provision of Services of 18th July of 2002 (Journal of Laws 2002, No. 144, item 1204, as amended), used by the User.
- The Service in its totality as well as individual parts of its content – in particular: its name, idea, graphics, software and database are subject to legal protection.
- The present Regulations apply to all pages and subpages of the Forum located at the cdprojektred.com domain.
§ 3. Services
- Using services covered by the Regulations is voluntary and free of charge. The User, while using the services covered by the Regulations acknowledges that the content of the posts placed in the Forum by the User is monitored by moderators and the Service Provider’s employees.
- The use of the services covered by the Regulations is conditioned by having an access to Internet, to a software allowing to navigate Internet resources and an active electronic mail account.
- In order to use the services covered by the Regulations requires a previous registration in the Service and consists in: the possibility of publishing posts in the Service, including in the Forum; the possibility of commenting posts published in the Service, including the Forum; the possibility of using the option of receiving the Newsletter.
- Introducing any content by the Users in the Service, including the Forum, is tantamount to making it public. The Service Provider, in the scope allowed by the binding law regulations, is not liable for the content published by the Users.
- The agreement on provision of Services electronically by the Service Provider with the user who is registered on the Site, shall be concluded for an indefinite term, the user may terminate the agreement for the electronic provision of Services of the Service Provider at any time by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. If the User wishes only to renounce the option of receiving the Newsletter, they may do it at any time by using the function “Unsubscribe”.
- The Service Provider shall make every effort to ensure a proper functioning of the Service and its availability around the clock, however, it communicates as well that there may be short technical breaks necessary to carry out activities related to servicing, maintenance, modification or update of the Service. The Service Provider shall inform on any technical break in advance, by publishing appropriate information on the Service Website and by sending a notice on the matter to Users , via e-mail.
- Service Provider reserves the right to discontinue the electronic provision of Services covered by the Regulations, but it shall inform on the aforementioned decision at least 14 days in advance, by publishing appropriate information on the Service Website and by sending an appropriate notice on the issue to User, via e-mail.
- In the event of a User violating of any provision of the Regulations, the Service Provider shall send to the mentioned User a notification via e-mail on the fact of violating a provision of the Regulations, indicating the provisions and the activities which have caused the violation, together with a notification that in the event of a further violation of the Regulations, the account of the User can be completely and irreversibly removed from the Service, which also means deregistration of the User of the Service. In the event of a User violating of any provision of the Regulations, the Service Provider reserves the right to deprive the User, or to limit access to all or to a part of the functionalities of the Forum or their account, as well as the right to remove from the Service the content infringing the Regulation. The User, on whom a penalty for breach of order is imposed, each time has the right to present complaints under the provisions of the Regulations. The User acknowledges that the decisions and opinions of the Service Provider or of moderators acting on behalf of the Service Provider taken or expressed in relation to the infringement by the User of the Regulations are a private correspondence between the User and the Service Provider or moderators acting on behalf of the Service Provider, and as such cannot be disclosed nor become the subject of discussion at the Forum.
- Each User of the Services covered by the Regulations shall comply with all applicable laws and the provisions of the Regulations.
- It is forbidden for the Users to include illegal content as well as to use of the Service in a manner contradictory to its purpose; undertake actions ( including the provision of content ) related to violence, hatred, pornography, racial discrimination, cultural discrimination , ethnic discrimination , religious discrimination and violating social norms , moral norms , ethics , providing a content promoting alcohol , intoxicants and narcotics, providing a content that violates the goods of third party protected by law, including property or personal rights of copyright and confidentiality of correspondence ; sending spam ( unsolicited commercials ) ; practicing of commercial, advertising , promotional activities, having more than one account in the Service; sharing your account with other people , the use of the accounts belonging to other persons; giving false data and information in the registration form ; actions and activities that may hinder and destabilize the operation of the Service , including the actions and activities preventing from the use of the Service , actions and activities of interfering in the content and the technical nature of the Service.
§ 4. Procedure of registration and Newsletter service
- Registration consists in completing a registration form generated by the Service, in a correct way and according to the true information.
- Correct completion of the registration form is associated with indicating of the acceptance of the Regulations option and of the option that allows the processing of personal data in order to use the services covered by the Regulations, while the use of the service in the form of the Newsletter, it is necessary to express in the registration form, an additional consent to receiving of information in the Newsletter, even if they are of commercial nature. Lack of the consent for the use of services in the form of the Newsletter does not prevent from using of other services covered by the Regulations and does not constitute an incorrect completion of the registration form. If the User does not gave the additional consent on the registration form to receive the information in the Newsletter, they can subscribe to the Newsletter, even after completion of registration by using the function “Subscribe”.
- The registering entity is solely responsible for the accuracy, content and form the provided data and information.
- The correct completion of registration results in receiving an account generated by the Service and being registered in the Service.
§ 5. Personal details
- The Service Provider is the administrator of the personal details. Personal details are processed for the purposes related to the performance of the agreement for the electronic provision of Services, considering of complaints, direct marketing of own products and services, and sending the Newsletter (in the latter case it is subject to giving an adequate consent). Providing personal data is voluntary, but their absence prevents from using of the Services provided electronically by the Service Provider and prevents from performing the other aforementioned objectives. Each User who has provided personal details, has the right to check the content of their data and may correct them.
- The User’s personal details entrusted to the Service Provider shall be stored and secured in accordance with the principles set out in the applicable laws, in particular, in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Data of 29th August 1997(Journal of Laws 1997, No 133, item 833, as amended) and an executive order issued thereunder.
§ 6. Complaints
- Each User may file complaints in case of reservations related to the functioning of the Service, via the contact form located at the Service Site at http://thewitcher.com/support/. The entity authorized to consider complaints is the Service Provider. Complaints should include at least the subject –matter of the complaint, together with its justification.
- Complaints shall be considered immediately, but no later than within 14 days as of their receipt. A response concerning the complaint is sent by the Service Provider to the User to the e-mail address indicated in the complaint.
§ 7. Final provisions
- The regulations are available on the website and the Service Provider’s seat. In case of any questions regarding the operation of the Service or how to use it, contact Technical Support Service Provider via the contact form located on the Service website at http://thewitcher.com/support/.
- In all matters not covered by the Regulations, the applicable provisions of the Polish law apply .
- For new users these Regulations shall enter into force on the day of its publication, and for the existing Users – according to the sec. 2. 2.