New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One!
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Sigi Reuven’s provision cost changed from 12 to 13, and his power changed from 4 to 3.
Sigi Reuven was achieving incredible value. In most decks, he was generating 9 Coins in addition to his 4-power body and an Intimidate engine. With a provision and power tweak, he should be more balanced.
- Caleb Menge’s ability changed to: “Profit 3. Fee 3 (Melee): Place a Bounty on an enemy unit. Cooldown: 1.”
We decided to add a Cooldown to Menge to help make the Bounty mechanic more balanced. In general, we’re thoroughly monitoring how the Bounty status performs and, if this change doesn’t prove enough, we’ll make additional adjustments at the end of the month.
- Rico Meiersdorf’s provision cost changed from 8 to 6.
- Ewald Borsodi’s provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
- Horst Borsodi’s provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
We adjusted the provision cost of these cards to values we believe will bring their power to a more desirable level.
- Whoreson’s Freak Show power changed from 6 to 5, and its ability changed to: “Insanity. Fee 1: Give an enemy unit Bleeding for 1 turn. If Insanity was used, damage a random enemy unit by 1 instead.”
On top of being the only power-equal-to-provision removal unit in the entire game, this card also performed as one of the strongest for single-target removal. With this change, it’s still very efficient but its value should be more in line with similar cards.
- Blindeye Apothecary’s power changed from 3 to 2, her Ranged Deploy boost amount changed from 2 to 3, and her Tribute cost changed from 1 to 3.
At Novigrad’s release, it was arguably the strongest bronze in the entire game. She can still achieve decent value on her own, but now her Tribute will offer a more difficult, tactical decision.
- Tamara Strenger’s Tribute ability now specifies it is used “instead” of the Deploy rather than in addition to it.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Purify ability of Dryad’s Caress would not remove Bounty statuses.
- Fixed an issue whereby Kurt’s Intimidate would trigger when Crime cards were moved to the top of the player’s deck via Courier’s ability.
- Fixed an issue whereby Lock did not disable Fee and Insanity abilities.
- Fixed an issue whereby Harald Gord’s ability would not work if the player went second in the match.
- Fixed an issue whereby Nathaniel Pastodi could not give Bleeding to an enemy unit with Immunity.
- Fixed an issue whereby Pugo Boom-Breaker’s ability could not damage allied units with Immunity.
- Fixed an issue whereby infinite Duel loops led to a desync and disconnect. Now Duel loops will be limited to 10 instances of damage.
- Rico Meiersdorf now correctly has the Halfling category rather than Human.
- Sir Skewertooth now correctly has the Crownsplitters category.
- Deploy VFX for Boris have been fixed.
- The PS4 controller light now shows Syndicate’s orange color when a deck from this faction has been selected.
- Filters in the Deck Builder now show filter category names and also display the current active filter below the category name. Additionally, the most recently used filters are now remembered and are automatically selected upon reopening the Deck Builder.
- Fixed an issue whereby gamepad input would stop working after attempting to rename a deck in the Deck Builder.
- Fixed an issue whereby the amounts for Matches Won in the Player Profile were listed incorrectly for certain factions.
- Artist credits have been added to cards from the Novigrad expansion.
- The tooltip for Novigradian Justice in the Polish version of Gwent now correctly states that the card gets played from your deck rather than your hand.
- The tooltip of The Flying Redanian in the Polish version of Gwent now correctly states that the unit can also be Summoned from the graveyard.
- Fixed an issue whereby the tooltip for Moreelse was missing in the Korean version of Gwent.
- Fixed an issue whereby the tooltip for Arena Endrega was missing in the German version of Gwent.
- Fixed an issue whereby the tooltips for Blindeye Apothecary and Doadrick Leumaerts were missing in the Japanese version of Gwent.
- Fixed an issue whereby the “Premium Version Coming Soon” banner did not display on affected cards during keg opening.
- Fixed an issue whereby players received a “Transaction Error” message when clicking on the “Purchase” button in the Choose Cardback and Choose Leader Skin menus for items that were released in 3.0 Novigrad update.
- Fixed an issue whereby the premium art version of Drummond Queensguard had the wrong texture in the background.
- The premium art animation for Gudrun Bjornsdottir has been fixed.